At AmplifyDMC, we believe that our approach to assisting organizations execute successful fundraising, marketing and communication campaigns is unique. We are realistic—we know that giving counsel is the easier work; doing, however, is a bit more complicated. We bring capacity to projects in addition to ideas: we help our clients build the plan and implement it.
We are looking for a Development, Marketing & Communications Associate to join our motivated close-knit team. The position includes a diverse range of responsibilities such as coordinating development and marketing activities, developing collateral and online materials, and handling administrative tasks including phone calls/emails, scheduling, and office errands. This person must exhibit a high degree of commitment, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Assist in the development and implementation of grant applications, upload content and attachments to grant application portals, and ensure timely submissions.
- Identify required information for grant applications, create application checklist, and communicate requirements to project manager or client.
- Regularly research and update client grant application deadline and maintain client grant calendars.
- Conduct research on issue-specific areas to inform grant application narratives.
- Maintain client grant application files based on identified processes.
- Assist with data entry in various donor databases used by clients.
- Create donor reports and lists from donor databases.
- Maintain and update individual donor files for clients.
Marketing & Communications
- Write and update communications copy for marketing and communications collateral, social media, and website content. Research and curate appropriate content.
- Capture and edit client photos and video from events and conferences for use in client marketing collateral
- Work with professional vendors on direct mail, video, and print efforts.
- Research costs for marketing and communications efforts including print and radio advertising, social media, and other advertising considerations.
- Evaluate marketing and communications efforts and provide assessment to clients.
- With project managers, provide monthly website and social media analytics to clients; create summaries of what analytics are indicating in terms of website and social media goals.
Project Management Assistance
- Assist project managers with creating agendas, compiling meeting materials, and distributing prior to client meetings.
- Work with team members to create processes to identify, track, and maintain action steps after client meetings and conversations.
- Manage partners’ calendars; set up meetings, and assist in material preparation.
- Support research efforts and assist with special projects based on current client need and/or AmplifyDMC priorities.
- Participate and engage in staff meetings; track and assign related action items resulting from meeting discussions.
- Provide office support including answering phone calls, answering emails, coordinating office events, and running office errands.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and seek consultation when needed
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and a strong-desire to learn and contribute
- Interest or experience in fund development, nonprofit sector or marketing and communications
- Interest and knowledge of social media marketing (preferred but not required)
- A positive attitude
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred
This is a part-time temporary position with flexible hours. Pay is $25 – $30 an hour depending upon qualifications.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Amy Sinykin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.