AmplifyDMC, based in St. Paul, MN, provides integrated fund development, marketing, and communications services with a focus on nonprofits and small to medium-sized businesses.
At AmplifyDMC, we believe our approach to helping organizations execute successful fundraising, marketing, and communications campaigns is unique. We know that giving counsel is the easier work, while the doing can be a bit more complicated—and our clients need support with both. As a writer on our close-knit team, you will play a key role in the “doing,” helping our diverse set of clients build cases for support, grant proposal templates, and more.
This position will initially be part-time with the potential to become full-time down the line. We’re looking for an experienced writer with these skills and qualities:
- Storyteller. Can turn a collection of bullet points into a clear, concise, and compelling narrative.
- Decisive. Writes in a “less is more” style—both for brevity’s sake and to meet grant portal character counts—without losing point of view.
- Agile and fast. Bounces among a range of projects (giving appeals, grant applications, e-newsletter copy) and juggles several different clients without sacrificing quality of work. Can shift writing style to capture different clients’ voices and speak to different audiences.
- Content curator. Pulls the right research and statistics to build compelling narratives.
- Nonprofit experience. Understands nonprofit programs and clearly tells their story to someone who might not know the organization.
- Confident and focused on improvement. Takes constructive (and non-constructive) feedback to meet client needs and strengthen writing.
- Creative. Will take risks to find new ways to write persuasively on behalf of clients.
Please send resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.