Our team brings dozens of years of experience working for—and alongside—nonprofits. We also serve on the boards of local nonprofits from Urban Boatbuilders to Mile in My Shoes to Open Arms. We think all this experience, past and current, means we get it: both the unique challenges and the rewards of passionately pursuing your vision to support the people you serve. To help our clients tackle the range of obstacles and opportunities before them, we have built a versatile team with expertise in project management, strategy, graphic design, writing, and more.
Meet the "Ampsters"
Stephen takes the leads in business development and client relationship management, particularly for our nonprofit and social enterprise clients at AmplifyDMC. He founded AmplifyDMC’s predecessor, Devereux Development Consulting, after years of working in advancement with some of the Twin Cities most respected nonprofit organizations including Habitat for Humanity, the Amherst H. Wilder Foundation and The Bridge for Youth. Setting the tone for the entire team, Steve can be found working on the trickiest strategic challenges that face AmplifyDMC. He generates big ideas and solutions.
“Have you ever used project management software?” might be the most common question out of Amy’s mouth when she is meeting with new clients. She has converted many skeptics to the joy – or at least utility – of being part of a well-managed project. Amy’s years of experience in the nonprofit sector, most recently at the Charities Review Council, mean that she has worked with organizations at all stages of growth. In addition to her affection for organization, Amy is also an expert in nonprofit governance and accountability frameworks. Amy’s firm and steady guidance can keep the most challenging of projects on track.
During her career, Katy has done a bit of everything – working with companies, startups and non-profit organizations. At AmplifyDMC, she uses this diverse functional and industry experience to develop communications campaigns, community outreach strategies, media relations plans, and grants. She enjoys the challenge and creativity of finding the right words to tell clients’ stories. Prior to working as a communications consultant, Katy built her career in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries.
With nearly 20 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, Kelly brings an eye for detail and an ear for targeted communications to her role with AmplifyDMC. She has developed expertise in program management, volunteer engagement, and compliance while working for a handful of national nonprofits. While managing a project or writing a grant, Kelly leans into her organization skills and her ability to balance multiple perspectives to execute her work efficiently and effectively. Time spent outside of AmplifyDMC for Kelly usually involves being with her husband and children, getting outdoors, reading, and traveling when possible!
Benj brings a range of writing experience to his role at AmplifyDMC. A former managing editor at Consumer Health Interactive in San Francisco, Benj has written investigative pieces on health topics from hypochondria to the hazards of ephedra supplements. He later moved to the nonprofit world, becoming communications director at the Oakland Public Education Fund, where he wrote stories and grants that celebrated and supported Oakland public schools. When not writing for AmplifyDMC and its clients, Benj is either in Minneapolis with his wife and their dog, or writing poems by the river at the cabin his grandfather built in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Beth's role on our team draws on a life-long love of design and tinkering. After studying graphic design and advertising at the Minneapolis College of Art + Design, Beth went on to become a multi-disciplinary designer and maker. (Check out her stationery shop, Noodoodoodle.) When she's not designing beautiful content for our clients, you can find Beth crafting, cooking, baking, or playing board games. Oh, and snuggling cats.
AmplifyDMC values are the principles upon which the company is built that guide our planning, goals, behaviors, decisions, and actions.
- We are hired to work collaboratively with our clients to deliver their organizations a solid return on investment.
- We take pride in satisfying our clients through the services we provide and how we provide them.
- We are experts in our fields.
- We are resourceful, practical, and realistic.
- We have fun and are fun to work with.
- We are responsible for our work, are accountable to each other and to our clients.
- We communicate in an open, honest, collaborative, and respectful manner.
- We provide and receive feedback professionally, respectfully, and openly.
- We treat our clients and partners with respect, and we treat each other with respect.
- We support each other – our responsibilities, and our expectations of each other, are clear and shared.
- As team members in a small, growing business, we strive to be “functionally flexible”, focusing foremost on our responsibility to serve our clients.
- We conduct business ethically and lawfully.
- We recognize the importance of family in the lives of our team members.
- We value and benefit from individual and cultural differences.
- We believe the continuous growth and development of our team members is critical to our success.
- We are engaged, responsible members of the communities in which we live and work.
Instrumentl provides grants management and grant and funder research data.
iWave provides individual donor prospect research.
Jessen Co. provides print, fulfillment, and mailing services.
Mighty Consulting provides strategic planning, interim leadership and executive search services.
Permanent Art and Design Group provides interactive media expertise and website design and direction.
Venn Media Production provides creative video production services.